Borders Announces Midnight Release Parties and a Special Edition DVD

The Borders exclusive Twilight disc is now available for pre-order on Borders.com, along with the standard 2-disc set that will be sold at other retailers.

Additionally, Borders will be hosting Twilight DVD release night parties in all of our Borders stores. Start time and specific party details to come, but parties will begin the evening of March 20 and go to midnight release of DVD.

Special Bonus Disc, Which Includes The Borders-Exclusive items below:

1. Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Kristen Stewart (Bella) and Robert Pattinson (Edward)
  2. Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Cam Gigandet (James)
  3. Exclusive Twilight Cast Interviews with Edi Gathegi (Laurent) and Rachelle Lefevre (Victoria)
  4. Exclusive Red-Carpet Interviews from the Twilight Movie Premiere
  5. Exclusive Never-Before-Seen Red-Carpet Footage! Includes extra interview footage with Kellan Lutz (Emmett), Ashley Greene (Alice), rock band Paramore, and Nikki Reed (Rosalie)
  6. Exclusive Borders Book Club: Stephenie Meyer talks about the Twilight Saga

Special Bonus Disc, Also Includes

• Audio commentary by Catherine Hardwicke, Kristen  Stewart, and Robert Pattinson
  • Muse music video: "Super Massive Black Hole"
  • Paramore music video: "Decode"
  • Linkin Park music video: "Leave Out All the Rest"
  • Five extended scenes with director introductions
  • Five deleted scenes with director introductions
  • Seven-part documentary: "The Adventure Begins: The  Journey from Page to Screen"
  • Comic-Con "fandom" piece
  • Comic-Con NY sizzle reel
  • Three trailers
  • Penelope  trailer

Tri-Fold Packaging

• The finish of the rigid case is a tactile coating called "soft touch", which is a smooth, almost velvety/rubbery matte finish. A pattern of tree branches will be foil stamped over the matte coating, which creates beautiful tone on tone imagery. The title treatment is foil stamped in a silver/blue, which completes the effect.

Exclusive Photo Cards

• The exclusive photo cards are printed on 2-sided pearlescent shine stock, which has a sparkle effect imbedded in the paper. The (10) photo cards look really amazing on this special stock, and the back sides have the same tree pattern from the inside of the rigid case, carrying the design throughout.

Comments

1. eternitys_charm says:

FIRST (OMG)
    ahhh i want this sooo bad! imma so get it. it looks awesome!

2. need. to. go.

3. Love.Bite says:

OOOO. If that doesn’t look smexy…XD

Now I have to decide if I want to go to the Hot Topic one, or this one. 8O Oh noes!!

4. I am so getting this :0

5. The Hot Topic party is on February 9th, Love.Bite. You can go to both, like me!!!

6. Question: So, what is the difference between this set and the normal 2-disc set? Does this actually have 3 DVDs? Will the Blu Ray contain all this stuff? I am so confused with everything. I just want to get the right one, but I don’t want to buy it and realize I could have gotten one with more features somewhere else.

7. Twilitex57 says:

wait. what is the difference between the special edition and the other more expensive one, like the 2 disk one? So are their like, 3 different DVDs?

8. Wow it looks beautiful. *drool*

9. Twifanatic Amanda says:

wowzers! I want that!!!!!

10. OME.
    SO GOING.
    SO GETTING ALL OF THIS.

And to be clear:
    The DVD isn’t 3-disc.
    Borders is letting you pre-order the ACTUAL 2-disc movie DVD, but they’re also including their OWN 2-disc DVD of all the Borders-related Twilight stuff. Like interviews and behind-the-scenes or whatever. So, if you pre-order the movie somewhere else, you won’t get the Borders DVD.

11. Is the Borders special edition dvd set the same as the one that Amazon.com is offering?

12. Devon061381 says:

Must. Go. Must. Buy.

dammit why does March have to be so far yet…

13. Well this is one release party I couldn’t care less about.

14. I have the same questions everyone else has. The extra DVDs are only through Borders, correct? Basically a Borders special edition?

15. I don’t see this on the Borders site either. Hrm.

16. I really don’t think this is fair, that they have it exclusive with borders. What about us that live in Canada?

They should just include the same special features on one 2-disk special edition DVD available everywhere.

It looks cool though.

17. Greetings all – Rich from Borders here. I see some questions about what is different about our special edition. Our 2-disc DVD has all of the special bonus content you see on the Amazon disc, PLUS all of the interviews we conducted with cast at Comic-Con, our red carpet premiere footage and interviews, including never before seen stuff, plus the full Borders Book Club discussion with Stephenie Meyer and fans that were selected with the help of Pel and Alphie at Twilight Lexicon. Plus, our edition includes the photo cards (not available anywhere else at DVD Mach release) and the special packaging. Hope that helps.
    Will answer questions if I can here.

This is just Pel verifying that Rich is legit. He is our regular Borders contact

18. Edwardbitespillow says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOING!!!!

19. Okay, okay, I got it. You guys didn’t put in this part:

The Borders-Exclusive Edition comes with these exciting additional features:

That clears it up.

Excellent suggestion, Mandy. I edited to hopefully make it more clear.
    Pel

20. Becca, can you order it on borders.com?

21. yeahh,
    I suppose I could,
    but still.

22. Becca – order the disc online at Borders.com using the link below and we can send it to you in Canada. We love Canada!

23. Yay!! I just ordered it :)!!!!

24. Ahhh, that’s annoying. Now I have to choose between the Hot Topic special Edition DVD or Border’s special edition DVD.

25. i wish this news would have come BEOFRE i pre-ordered it on amazon!!

26. I agree … they should release the regular dvd and then one special two-disc edition. Enough of this “exclusive” stuff! I don’t want to order mine online, I want to walk into a store and get it, but there aren’t Borders near me. And what if I get that one, but then a different store comes out with a different version that has more features?

Honestly, this is getting to be a bit much. I don’t even want to see what the marketing campaign is going to be like for the next movies!

27. Rich at Borders:

A question and thanks for answering all our concerns. Okay, the midnight release party that you guys are holding, can we pre-order our DVDs in store and get it the mid-night release party? When is pre-ordering in stores going to be available? If we pre-order it on-line can we get it in store on the date of the mid-night release party? Sorry, I know it’s a lot I’m throwing at you. But I really want to go to the party and get my DVD there.

28. samihalovestwilight says:

OMG!
    I have to get that. It looks so awesome!

29. Is this available in Blu-Ray? I don’t see that anywhere in the details. I’ve never pre-ordered before, does anyone know if it will be delivered on Saturday, March 21? I wonder if other retailers will be announcing “exclusive” features soon also. May have to wait a few more weeks before deciding which one to order!!

30. O_O Oh. My. God. Must. Have.

31. RICH -

I live in Hawaii and the “shipping policy” says if we order it online and have it shipped to a local site, it will be free. But, will it be available for pickup on that day (March 21) or will we have to wait?

Thanks!

32. Hiya very interested in buying this is it region 1 cuz im in Europe!

33. DAMN. i already preordered from FYE!!! ughhh why cant they all have the same extra features???!???!?!?!? why must each store have different ones? ugh!

34. Ana and Jesssaka – both of your questions involve ordering online and picking up at a store the night or day of release.

We are working on details of that now, as we understand that people may want to be at the party and order online. I’ll post here again tomorrow with more details on that question. I can tell you that all Borders stores will be carrying the Special Edition and will have copies for sale at the Midnight parties and day of release.

Obviously, there is a possibility we could sell out a specific location, but midnight party attendees should be able to get a copy of Borders Exclusive edition. Again, more details here tomorrow.

35. Ok there is still one thing that I am unclear about….on the Borders exclusive disc it says there are “5 extended scenes and 5 deleted scenes”. Are these different extended/deleted scenes than the ones on the regular (non-Borders) 2 disc set? Or the sames ones that will be included on the 2nd disc of the standard release set?

36. Just pre-ordered mine. I had already pre-ordered it from Amazon, but canceled that when I saw all the awesome extras that Borders had to offer with their version. :)

37. Heidi – the 5 extended scenes and 5 deleted scenes are the same scenes featured on other retailers bonus disc. For this March 21 release, we all received the same deleted and extended scenes. Same as standard release set.

38. I’m totally bummed about all of these special editions. I guess it’s cool if you loooove Hot Topic or you have to have every single edition but it’s all a lot to sort out.
    I guess I’ll just be getting the “whatever Target puts on the shelf version.”

39. Thank you for your quick response Rich!

40. Thanks Rich :) I’ve NEED to have one, so must make sure I’ve got my bases covered and know everything before preordering. *Sigh* I wonder if my boyfriend would come w/ me to a Borders Twilight Party..hmm..maybe. LOL.

41. Any idea on the cost of this borders exclusive? Does anyone know what the hot topic exclusive one will offer???

42. So, Canadians can buy from borders.com, but there are no Borders store in Canada, correct?

I would have liked to go to the party :(

43. Jennifer: The borders exclusive is 29.99.

Thanks for responding Rich, I’ll check back tomorrow for more details!

I did the same thing I cancelled mine with amazon and I’m going to pre-order it with Borders to go to the midnight release party. I can’t wait! Borders speciall edition looks BEAUTIFUL!

44. Love.Bite says:

Ok! I’m going to go to this one, then blow all my money at HT! XD It’s a plan! :D

45. ImBettingOnAlice says:

Yikes this thing is going to make soooo much money

46. Ahh! This so sucks!
    I mean, it’s really awesome and all about the bonus exclusive Borders stuff, but I already pre-ordered my Twilight DVD from Amazon a week or so ago, so I don’t GET any of the awesome Borders exclusive stuff. So sad… And so incredibly unfair!
    And another thing that’s super unfair:
    Murfreesboro, TN has a Barnes & Noble, a Books A Million, a Hastings, and various other bookstores that I can’t think of off the top of my head, but we don’t have ANY Borders bookstores.
    Waaahhh! :(
    So I guess I’ll have to get my mom to cancel the Amazon order and get her to pay six bucks more to buy the Borders one. I guess that doesn’t sound so hard.

(fyi: The link on my name is my YouTube account.)

47. Em this is actually a question to the good people at Borders: I was wondering if for us Twi-hard fans in Europe, whether or not the Borders edition is Region 1 (as in American and Canadian region) or Region Free?! Being honest if it’s Region 1 I’m still gonna buy it cause I’ve got an all-region DVD player but I just wanted to clear that up.
    Thanks :)

48. OMG! this is SO unfair !
    what about the people that live in Mexico or the ones that already order the “supossed” especial edition DVD by Amazon (which by the way it happens to be me in both cases)
    i wanna cry !!!!!!!!
    TEARSSSSSSSS!

49. Rich: Do you know if I order the DVD from Canada, will it be shipped in time to arrive on March 21st? Or will it be shipped out ON March 21st (which likely means the DVD wouldn’t arrive until 7-10 business days later)?

Thanks!

50. Hi Rich or Pel,
    I was wondering is this awsome Border’s exclusive 2 Disc set going to be offered on Blu-ray?
    Thanks,
    Jen

I’m going to have to let Rich answer that. I don’t know the answer.

Trackbacks

1. [...] saw this over at the Twilight Lexicon. Click here for the [...]

2. [...] Limited Edition Release « Games & Toy Rewiew Books-A-Million Pre-Selling Twilight DVD | Borders Announces Midnight Release Parties and a Special Edition DVD | Twil.. Mamma Mia! The Movie (Two Disc Special Edition) | Dayvil.com Transformers (Two-Disc Special Edition [...]