Summit Announces DVD Launch Features

ENTERTAINMENT PLANS MIDNIGHT DVD LAUNCH FOR ‘TWILIGHT’

‘TWILIGHT AT MIDNIGHT’ EVENT INSPIRES NATIONWIDE RETAIL EVENTS FOR THE LAUNCH OF THE HIT FILM ON MARCH 20, 2009 from 10PM to 12AM

Los Angeles, CA (March 2, 2009) – On Friday, March 20, 2009, from 10PM until 12 midnight, Summit Home Entertainment will provide TWILIGHT fans across the country with the chance to celebrate the midnight DVD release of the film that has unanimously been described as a “full-blown pop culture phenomenon.” TWILIGHT at MIDNIGHT will allow participating retailers the opportunity to stay open late as fans line up to purchase the DVD of the epic romance at midnight parties. The official TWILIGHT website- www.twilightthemovie.com – will feature a unique store locator from which fans can find out which retailers will be holding midnight parties.

Starting in March, store locator technology will be featured on the film’s website- www.twilightthemovie.com – providing unique access to breaking information about the TWILIGHT at MIDNIGHT events across America. In addition, the site will have updated announcements of special surprises related to actors in the film.

Following the success of the film, which grossed over $300 million worldwide, executives at Summit Entertainment decided to work with retailers to make this special edition DVD something that would not disappoint fans. “We wanted to say thank you to all of those who came out in droves last year and helped make Stephenie Meyer’s characters and story a truly successful movie,” said President of Home Entertainment, Steve Nickerson. While many DVDs street on Tuesdays, the Friday night launch party allows the core fans, many in high school, to celebrate outside of the school week. Adds Nickerson, “What better way to celebrate than a weekend party with your fellow Twilight fans.”

Comments

1. Keri Lynn says:

They are having two in my city… about a mile away from each other.

2. Nichole says:

This is going a bit far in my opinion. Midnight book release parties are one thing–after all, we haven’t read the book yet to know the story. But midnight DVD release parties? We’ve all seen the movie by now (I’m sure most of us have seen it multiple times) so what exactly is the point in celebrating here? It’s just another chance for stores to try and get more of our money.

3. Cargonza says:

Hmm all the Walmarts and one Hot Topic here. Can I wear a disguise so I won’t be mistaken for a giddy high school kid? I’m actually just a giddy college woman. :P

4. Oh, come on! You KNOW you’re excited! I like special features of DVDs anyway, but this is going to be a real treat!! ;)

5. BloodSuckingLeech says:

The mall here is claiming they are going to premier a NEW MOON TRAILER during their release party. I asked the admins here but they didn’t have much to say about it.

Anyone else hear such a thing??

6. Keri Lynn says:

I doubt that, they haven’t even started filming.

7. I know there having one at the FYE in Beaverton OR. I heard about it when I was there Pre-ordering my DVD.

They’re having a Trivia contest and a Prom Dress Design contest also with prizes. Also there’s a give away for the first 60 people who buy the DVD and one other DVD that night. Its a tote bag that I’ve not seen anywhere else to buy, so that’s cool.

They told me they were gonna start giving out Numbers as well as start the contests at 10:00 PM.
    You can call them for info, (503)645-0270
    and the address is
    FYE
    2225 NW Town Center Dr.
    Beaverton, OR 97006
    that way you can map quest it if you wanna come.
    I’m heading down with all my friends, I’m gonna go for one of the totes!!

8. stroodle says:

I went and got my cards for my sister and I from hot topic and I was in my work scrubs and the lady at the counter told me that I could come with ” MY DAUGTER” and be a chaperone….oh I felt old! and I am only 28.

9. Stroodle, I absolutely understand what you mean!!!! I’m 28 too and my boyfriend made fun of me when I went to pre-order the movie :( I always tell him that Edward is over 100, not 22 :) ha ha.

10. Actually, Ed not 17, therefore Rob is not 22 either ;)

Trackbacks

1. [...] Twilight Lexicon Summit Announces DVD Launch Features Posted by root 6 minutes ago (http://www.twilightlexicon.com) Reply to this comment nichole says march 2 2009 at 4 54 pm 2225 nw town center dr beaverton or 97006 i went and got my cards for my sister and i from hot topic and i was in my work scrubs and the lady at the counter told me that 2009 twilight lexicon all Discuss  |  Bury |  News | Twilight Lexicon Summit Announces DVD Launch Features [...]