The Shed?

Crews are out and about in the Vancouver area scouting different locations and prepping for production over the next few months.  Here’s some prep work on one of the locations. No actors for awhile yet just painting. TY to Sunny

Just got home from work where the filter blocked the video content. Person I asked to evaluate the content when I posted didn’t
mention that there was only one person in the car. Vid coming down. Don’t try this at home kids!
Because this seems as good a time as any to restate it, the Lexicon has always had the following photo/video policy. We will not run photos/video if they involve trespassing(or any other illegal activity), what we consider to be badgering/harassing of cast and crew, putting yourself or others at risk, or appear to be obtained under false pretenses. So to take the current video as an example: driving by on a public road while maintaining control of your vehicle getting video as you go-not harassing, running up to the paint crew as they restock from their truck and getting in their faces–harassing.

Comments

1. TwiFan21 says:

Very cool. Thanks for sharing!!

2. NuttyNetty says:

hahah i would have been shaking too :P

3. If thats actually going to be the place of jacobs home and garage I think its PERFECT!The land around it and everything! It’s just as i imagined almost better!!! I am sooooo Excited to see how N.M turns out!!!!!!

4. misslelie says:

LOL I wudve like dropped the camera, wus the shed “illedged” Jacob shed the first larger one of wus it the smaller one after it farther up… i always pictured it as quite small, cuz they live in LaPush and i doubt that the larger shed would fit on their lot. Also r they going 2 get Jacobs rabbit??? Cuz thats a pretty big part of the story…

5. It’s pretty close to what I pictured from the book too, at least that’s one of many they are getting right…hopefully!?

6. lirael cullen says:

pretty close, hahah however i expected it to be a lot more woodsy but hahah ^_^ its good!

7. MissCloud says:

Does anyone think that smaller place to the left could be their cottage? I could just imagine Jacob and the pack trying to squeeze in there

8. YES! Authentic. I hope they pay attention to detail with the rest of the settings…. perfect tiny house for Werewolves to be ‘busting’ out of!

9. higgin704 says:

Absolutely perfect, perfect, perfect. And, yes, MissCloud, my friend and I squealed when we saw “Billy’s house”

10. is it pathetic to get excited over seeing the production crew painting a barn RED? LOL

ok…yeah, I’m pathetic. Twilight did that to me. LOL.

11. Where neat footage. And it’s nice to see a Twilighter that behaves respectfully and maturely while still appreciating the work.

12. *very neat, I meant to say

13. Jennifer says:

looks familiar…

14. I thought that Jacob’s shed was made up out of old tree branches and suck, not bloomin’ painted red and the size of a football pitch!! :/

15. That shed is HUGE, way bigger than i pictured it.
    But i like it though and the house and the location.Its gona be GOOD!!!!!! YES!!!

16. Nice…

17. Wow, that is huge! I was picturing this tiny thing that the rabbit barely fit into and was held together with duct tape… I guess I should have known that Jacob would build some spectastic thing like this. :)

18. Jennifer says:

Awesome, she’s sooo lucky to be so close. :) Thanks for sharing…hopefully she finds out more! lol!!

19. Wow, cool! Hopefully New Moon will keep getting good set locations like this one. :-D

20. Missy B. says:

Please don’t condone or support inexperienced drivers who do drive-bys while operating a video camera or a cell phone camera while DRIVING a car or operating any other kind of moving vehicle as they are very much a danger to themselves and everyone else on or around the road. In fact you are contradicting your own video policy of “We will not run photos/video if they involve… putting yourself or others at risk…” while creating a huge liability at the same time: “So to take the current video as an example: driving by on a public road while maintaining control of your vehicle getting video as you go-not harassing, running up to the paint crew as they restock from their truck and getting in their faces–harassing.” I’m sorry for sounding harsh but this is just so irresponsible. If I’m wrong about this, let me know.

Yep agreed. i couldn’t see the video when I posted it due to a filter in place. Just got home from work and saw it now. I asked someone else without filter problems if the person who shot it was in any way tresspassing. What I didn’t realize was that there was no one else in the car. I didn’t get that info from the evaluator. video coming down.

21. GenevieveCullen says:

I agree with Caravangel. It’s good that Twilighters are being respectful on location. I gotta admit, it’s pretty impression that she was able to film and drive while keeping her inner fangirl in check :P

I thought the shed looked a bit big too but then I remembered that it’s not just Kirsten and Taylor in there with the Rabbit, it’s them plus a dozen or more crew members. I trust the cameraman to film it as a tight squeeze ;)

22. NezziLautner says:

Oo La La!! Me love Jakey…..

23. I pictured the house closer to the shed for some reason. Also the shed looks a lot bigger than I expected..I thought it was supposed to be pretty small. What would happen if you bombarded them while they were working on preproduction, would you get introuble? Or even just watched them as they worked? I’m guessing the person who video taped lives in Vancouver and knew exactly where they were filming.

24. ahh if that’s it then i did expect it to be smaller, but more than anything else i’m surprised she was able to film without swerving off the road! GOOD JOB ON THAT!!!

25. miscie23 says:

If I recall correctly, Jacob’s garage is supposed to be four sheds put together so it doesn’t look too much bigger than it’s supposed to.

26. wow it looks just like i imagined it lol you know, before twilight i was a completely normal 19 year old…now, i’m a sick, obsessed teenage girl getting excited over a video of a barn lol my, how things change…

27. switzgal says:

Yeah I imagined it way smaller but that’s true that they need the movie crew in there. Maybe they will zoom in or just use the side as a facade of the entire place. I also pictured in kind of hidden in the woods. Also if they are repainting it I hope they distress the paint because Jake and Billy are poor and shouldn’t be living in a freshly painted place.

Yes, Jacob needs his Rabit. He has to be fixing it when Bella brings the bikes.

28. @miscie23 – i thought it was two sheds, though i’m too lazy to look for my book and actually check…

29. Yeah, it is two sheds with the inside walls knocked out…

The only reason I’m able to say that off the top of my head is because I’m reading New Moon again and I just finished that part.

30. What a shame.
    Well, I guess it’s a good thing I’m obsessed and got a chance to watch the video BEFORE it came down.
    But it’s really reponsible and stuff of you to follow your policy and everything.
    Even if I don’t think it was that big of a deal to the point of it being taken down, I respect your policy and you guys for being sure to follow it.

31. TutulahLovette says:

where do you click to see it?
    i cant find the link! O.o

32. shortstuff says:

boo, i still wanna see the vid… link anyone?

33. i agree. the video has to be somewhere else! i wanna see it again!

34. try searching on youtube, maybe its on there? i doubt the people on this site will give you a link if they don’t agree with it.
    i thought it looked too big, it’s got to be enclosed enough that he’d break it if he phased in there.
    it’d be so funny if it turned out that was just someones shed and nothing to do with the film!

35. Hey all,

Few comments……..I thought the “shed” looked a little too big as well…………..I am a little worried about the wolves in the movie. I hope that they CGI them as I want to see “horse sized” wolves and not the regular variety…………also, if you want to see the video, try looking on http://www.newmoonmovie.org, it is still there. :)

36. KatieCullen77 says:

wow it does look big, but it is exactly how I pictured it..only I pictured it like a gray or brown color, but its cool :)

37. MariposaAlice says:

I like the shed. It’s a big bigger, but they need the crew, so I’m kewl with it. A thing about taking down the vid….Why was it taken down? I saw it, and she wasn’t trying to harass the crew as she was driving. Was it taken down because she was driving and filming? Dangerous, but I think we basically all know not to do that xD

38. Sunnykins09 says:

It was a very backcountry road…and I did not put myself or anyone else in danger by filming it!!! I’m a good driver and kept my eyes on the road!